Sign in to follow this  
abn

Ohio Travel Bag Co.

Recently, I've seen several posts that cite Ohio Travel Bag as a good source for hardware. However, I've been warned by someone else that OTB only sells wholesale to commercial customers.

So my question is: Can a hobbyist order from Ohio Travel Bag?

Thanks, -Alex

I don't think you can establish an account with Ohio Travel Bag without a wholesale license. OTB supplies many retailers, however, and that might be better for the hobbiest because OTB has high minimum orders (How many hobbiests need 10,000 rivets at one time?). If you go to their web site www.ohiotravelbag.com you can view the catalog online and ask your favorite retailer to stock or obtain that "special" thing you need.

Springfield Leather

http://www.springfieldleather.com/

would be my first phone call. If Kevin doesn't have it, he'll tell you where to find it, or get it for you.

Johanna

Johanna,

Ohio Travel Bag has some hardware nobody else seems to want to carry. They don't have very high minimums - something like an initial order of $75 to establish yourself as a customer, then $35 or so after that. They do only sell wholesale. Biggest issue I have with them is poor customer service. Never try email or wait for a call back. You will be dead first, of old age - Ann Stohlman award winners will be dead of old age. I ordered some hardware and threw in some of those plastic credit card holders for checkbooks to fill the order. You know, they cost about 35 cents. Ordered something like 25 of them. I was shorted 4 of them - backordered - out of stock, so what. Three weeks later I got them, along with a less than minimum order fee plus $7.50 in shipping for less than $2 worth of crap they were out of initially. Never was resolved or credited back. I am pretty darn careful now when I order and specify NO Backorders!!!

Bruce Johnson

I've had Weaver do the same thing to me. I've taken on Bruce's policy of "No Backorders."

I ordered the OTB catalog last week--they waived the $10 fee. Initial "opening" order requirement is $75 and subsequent order minimums are $35. They've got some stuff I want to try, so I'll be placing an order in the next week or two. I'll report back with my experience.

The lady I've been dealing with is named Jackie, and so far she's been right on the ball.