Sign in to follow this  
horseshoer

Juki 563

I found a Juki 562-3  and a 563 . The 562-3 is super clean and nice machine , the 563 is decent but I know it has the larger bobbin and reverse so I was leaning that direction. After visiting whit the owner of the 563 on the phone, he told me it ran good and was a good machine but further discussion he had said that the machine would make a clunk and thought it was maybe a week spring in the knee lift. Does  that make sense? or sound like the knee lift could cause a clunk? could the knee lift be removed and and the foot be raised by hand? Or is this most likely a bigger problem?   thanks!

It's probably just the knee lift mechanism is slipping off the roller as it engages the machine.  That's a simple adjustment with basic hand tools.  

If the hand lift works normally, but the knee lift clunks, it's likely an easy fix.

I'd go for the 563 for sure.  That's what I use, and much prefer it over the 562 because of that huge U style bobbin.  

....and down the road if you ever want to sell it the one with reverse will be worth twice as much if all other things being equal.