CloudyCreek

Singer 51W54 needle system

Hey everyone. So I recently became an owner of a Singer 51W54 post bed. Problem is I’m having difficulty finding what needle system it uses and the appropriate leather point needles. No needles came with the machine. Any info would be great! Thanks

I've got slightly conflicting information for you. My 51W59 manual says system 128x4 but a comprehensive list of machines/needles I have says 128x6 (the listing says the 51W53 - 59 use the same needles). Mine was re-adjusted to use 135x5, which are pretty common.

4 hours ago, dikman said:

I've got slightly conflicting information for you. My 51W59 manual says system 128x4 but a comprehensive list of machines/needles I have says 128x6 (the listing says the 51W53 - 59 use the same needles). Mine was re-adjusted to use 135x5, which are pretty common.

Thanks. Conflicting info is all I can find. I found somewhere that said it uses 16x231 which is the same as DBx1. Don’t know. 

They are the same length but the 128x6 is a leather point & the 16x231 is a round point.

Edited by CowboyBob

18 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

They are the same length but the 128x6 is a leather point & the 16x231 is a round point.

Thank you sir that helps a lot. Is there a LR point available?

We only have some size #16LR in stock,the other sizes are all diamond points.We can get any size you want.

11 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

We only have some size #16LR in stock,the other sizes are all diamond points.We can get any size you want.

I would love to get some LR points in #18 and #20 that would work with the 51W54. I don’t need a large quantity. Not sure if you have a minimum. Let me know!

Call Bob, he may not have seen your reply.