Sign in to follow this  
charlesfalzon

Hello 

Been following this site for quite some time and i tought i would join so i can share my beautiful finds i have never sewn leather or anyrhing but leather fascinates me not as much as antiques been in to antiques for quite a few years 

But gonna try to get in to leather 

Singer 45k92 paid 110 eur including the table and motor

From malta

received_239032530323257.jpeg

Edited by charlesfalzon
Forgot to say model of sewing machine

Cool, welcome aboard. I don't know anything about that machine, but it looks pretty tough.

Welcome, that's a steal for that machine in working order. Well done.

Welcome Charles. Those old 45s are great machines for heavy work and you got a good price. Yours has reverse, which most machines of that class didn't. You might want to look at upgrading to a digital servo motor, which are far more easily controllable than the old industrial standard clutch motors, which is probably what's mounted on that beast. Do you know what you want to make with it yet?

3 hours ago, Matt S said:

Welcome Charles. Those old 45s are great machines for heavy work and you got a good price. Yours has reverse, which most machines of that class didn't. You might want to look at upgrading to a digital servo motor, which are far more easily controllable than the old industrial standard clutch motors, which is probably what's mounted on that beast. Do you know what you want to make with it yet?

I have never used an industrial sewing machine so still learning ( I was teaching myself on a durkopp 207 how things work ) but as soon as I have enough experience I want to make some bike seats my whole family is in to motorcycles dad and me is friends with a lot of the mc clubs so you get the idea what I want to make when I have the experience 

thanks for the welcome

Edited by charlesfalzon

6 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Cool, welcome aboard. I don't know anything about that machine, but it looks pretty tough.

thanks it is a hefty machine alone without table I tought my 95k40 was heavy ( just got it recently too for 40 eur I set it up to my stitching liking and it goes good with the help of some stuff from my durkopp 207 which I cant find parts for 

thanks for the welcome

6 hours ago, hwinbermuda said:

Welcome, that's a steal for that machine in working order. Well done.

well I got a 95k40 recently too ( I have a fb group and took the advice from a friend to stop spending money on the game so with that money I bought the 2 sewing machines for a good deal

thanks for the welcome