Sign in to follow this  
Mpuma

Building a table for Consew 206 RB —Help!

I picked up a Consew 206 RB for a great price. I dont know a lot about them but I figured for $20 I wouldn’t be out much even if it was junk. Turns out its fine. I had it tuned up and now Im going to build a table for it. I built a small table top. Dimensions are approximately 13”x32”. I have limited space. I plan to use structural pipe to build a frame.

First question-Has anyone here built a frame using structural pipe?  Like screw pipe or scaffolding pipe?  

Second question- Does anyone know where I could find a drawing with dimensions for the cutout in the table top?

I will attach some photos of the table top I built. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it greatly  

Wont let me upload a pic. Says only allowed 1.46 mb. Not sure whats up with it. 

24 minutes ago, Mpuma said:

Wont let me upload a pic

You can resize your pics with apps, or if you can email the pic to yourself and that seems to resize the pic to fit in with the max. pic size. Works for me anyway.

I have seen table setups made from copper pipe, galvanised water pipe, RHS (box tube), steel channel or angle iron and many other profiles, plus aluminium or timber. Go with whatever floats your boat.

I've made a custom tabletop for a Consew before, and it can be done.  Mine was for a 226, but it's the same size opening as a 206rb.  If you're handy with woodworking tools, it's easily managed.  However, if it seems like more work than it's worth... it just may be!  I had all the right tools and bits in my shop, so I decided to make a custom opening to fit my machine.  I have switched the machine out since then, but still use that same table to this day.  To size the opening, just make it slightly longer and wider than your machine. 

Here is my detailed blog on the subject with photos...  http://lumberjocks.com/pintodeluxe/blog/112633

Good luck!

There are tables available on eBay for 126 shipped.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401547543230

Easy peasy.

Thanks guys for the replies. So here is a look at what I have so far. 

Pintodeluxe, I think I can pull that off.  I have the tools to do it.  Thanks for the hook up.

1.jpg

2.jpg