Sign in to follow this  
barra

thread sizes numbering

I have been reading various posts and people are referring to the different thread sizes but the numbering has me confused. I hear thread sizes like #207, #92 and #138. All I can fathom is these thread sizes are Imperial sizes. I think you guys call Imperial, standard measurements (oh shoot, not metric).

The threads In Australia are referred to by ticket size eg ticket 8 is thick like twine. Other common thread sizes are ticket 12, 18, 25, 36 and 40. The higher the ticket number, the thinner the thread.

Barra

Hi Barra,

We use TEX sizing here in the US. TKT sizing is different depending on the type of thread.

For Coats DABond Poly

TEX -- TKT

69 -- 30

92 -- 25

138 -- 18

207 -- 15

277 -- 11

346 -- 9-8

415 -- 8-7

501 -- 6

Hope this helps.

Art

I have been reading various posts and people are referring to the different thread sizes but the numbering has me confused. I hear thread sizes like #207, #92 and #138. All I can fathom is these thread sizes are Imperial sizes. I think you guys call Imperial, standard measurements (oh shoot, not metric).

The threads In Australia are referred to by ticket size eg ticket 8 is thick like twine. Other common thread sizes are ticket 12, 18, 25, 36 and 40. The higher the ticket number, the thinner the thread.

Barra

Edited by Art

It certainly does help. Thanks Art.

Hi Barra,

We use TEX sizing here in the US. TKT sizing is different depending on the type of thread.

For Coats DABond Poly

TEX -- TKT

69 -- 30

92 -- 25

138 -- 18

207 -- 15

277 -- 11

346 -- 9-8

415 -- 8-7

501 -- 6

Hope this helps.

Art