Sign in to follow this  
LyndHoll

Singer 31-15 thread size

Hello all!

I found a great little Singer 31-15 on Craigslist and purchased it. It sews great!

Can anyone tell me what thread sizes this machine is capable of using? Any adjustments needed to use different thread sizes? Any needle suggestions for sewing leather with this machine? Does anyone have a link to a manual for it? And, of course, any suggestions at all for the 31-15 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a Singer 31-15 that handles up to #69 bonded nylon thread and sews up to 1/4 inch of compressed material (not leather). It can sew wallet interiors made of thin pigskin or calf skin. If converted into a roller foot machine it can sew Chrome Excel shoe uppers. It doesn't like veg-tan leather at all. The pressure and tension springs aren't strong enough for veg.

The Singer 31-15 and 96k40 are both tailoring and dressmaking machines. It can be used to do decorative stitching on shoe and boot uppers before they are assembled.