Hello, I am looking for leather works in the Tucson area that might be open to the idea of mentoring me. I am new-ish to leather work but would really love to learn from someone who knows the trade well. If at the very least I would love to make some local connections!

Here are a couple of ideas:  Check your local Tucson Tandy store and find out from them about some of their local customers who are doing leather work.  Also, check Craig's list for people selling their leather products.  I noticed that there is a guy there selling his leather sewing machine and his other leather shop tools who might be a good source.  Check for local saddle makers also.  I am in the Phoenix area but I notice that there are some others from here on the Leatherworker.net.  I am sure there are some in your local area who would be glad to help out.

Thank you! I will talk to the Tandy Manager again and that is a great idea on Craig's List. Ill look up those postings right now. I keep hearing that there are some leather workers in Tucson, but its been hard to track them down. 

Send a note to RolandRanch I believe he is from the Tuscon area. :)

1 hour ago, Anndreak said:

Thank you! I will talk to the Tandy Manager again and that is a great idea on Craig's List. Ill look up those postings right now. I keep hearing that there are some leather workers in Tucson, but its been hard to track them down. 

If you hang around the store enough, you'll probably find a bunch of folks that would be happy to help.  Our tandy here has open table days where you can work your own projects using their tools, dyes etc...as well as classes on the weekends...try attending a few of these and see if anyone clicks.