This is my attempt at a floral pattern for a saddle cantle back. This is the right half of the cantle. The left will be mirrored. The boundaries are yet to be determined since I haven't fit the piece, but I am guessing this will fill the entire cantle back. I hope to finish tolling this tonight to see how it looks. I had to (at least that's what I told the wife) order some new tools for this and they should be in soon. There are some elements I like and some that don't quite flow. I welcome critical assessments from everyone.

While I have a lot of room for improvement, I will say that drawing patterns is coming easier after taking a class from @hidepounder at Prescott and buying Sheridan Style Carving by Bill Gardener & Clinton Fay. Thanks for the feedback,

Randy

Floral Cantle Back.jpg

Looks great to me Randy, although I am still struggling with my own carvings so maybe someone with more experience may have some feedback for ya.

Take Care :)

Thanks Regan,

I've been thinking about this and will have another design soon. I hope things are going well up north. It's terribly wet here, but it'll probably be too dry soon.

Randy

3 hours ago, Leathercrafttoday said:

great job!

Thanks