Laurajane

Sourcing new feet for adler 167 374

Hi everyone firstly thankyou to everyone who helped out with my first question about my wonky foot on my adler 167 373 machine, you where all so helpful! My next question is, can anyone recommend a website or company to buy original adler replacement feet from and a new feed dog please. My current foot is quite heavy duty and wide, is there a more suitable foot than the standard presser foot for sewing more detailed work? Perhaps narrower with a smoother underside? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks  

Generic feet are available for the 67, 167, 69, 169, 267 machines.  All used they same feet.  What kind of feet are you looking for?  Kwok Hing in China makes several types of feet for this series of machine.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
additional text

8 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Generic feet are available for the 67, 167, 69, 169, 267 machines.  All used they same feet.  What kind of feet are you looking for?  Kwok Hing in China makes several types of feet for this series of machine.

glenn

Hi Glenn I recently brought a new generic set and originally I thought it was machine that was crooked but turns out it was the new foot. I was wanting a standard foot but with a smooth bottom. If they make them narrower then that would be quite good too but Im not sure what feet you can get. I'm in need of a new feed dog too. 

The generic foot sets for sale on the Ebay may very well feel crooked or wrong altogether as they are quickly slapped together somewhere on the outskirts of Shanghai.

I bought a set for Pfaff 335 feet from the ebay seller Sharp Sewing. Their set had an undersized oval tube in the inner foot and a non-fitting outer foot. Both had to be modified with a reamer and a dremel to fit.

I bought another set from Ngosew and theirs had the same problem but to a lesser degree. I now have several sets from Ngosew which required way less work to adapt, but still required work.

There is now Kung Peng Sewing out there who seems to be the manufacturer, but I have not tried their products.