toxo

What needle size for 1.2mm waxed poly thread?

Attempting Dieselpunkros Motoko3 laptop bag for my daughter. Gonna be a challenge for me but you gotta push yourself right?

I use John James size 2 (NOT the larger 2/0) for most of my sewing. The main exception is when I am using very light weight embroidery thread or 0.6mm Tiger thread on 0.8mm kangaroo at 3.0mm spacing. It is a personal choice, depending on the look you prefer.

12 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I use John James size 2 (NOT the larger 2/0) for most of my sewing. The main exception is when I am using very light weight embroidery thread or 0.6mm Tiger thread on 0.8mm kangaroo at 3.0mm spacing. It is a personal choice, depending on the look you prefer.

Thanks Brian. I have some JJ #2 so should be good. Don't know about #2/0, Someone said something similar a while back and I messaged JJ for some clarification because on the website they call it #2 but the picture clearly shows #002. They told me they are both the same. :huh:

I was on their website yesterday looking for needle size for 1.2 thread and it drove me mad. Round in circles for twenty minutes before I gave up.

I sew with 1mm thread. for that my JJ Harness needle pack says 2/0 and my Osborne Glovers needles are Gauge 17. Both are about the same diameter and a tad too big for 1mm thread but it was the closest I could get

Thanks Fred.

My envelope has gone now but my 1.2 artificial sinew came today and it goes through my needles so all's good so far. Just have to practice now.