MikeRock

Colt SAA holster from Cowboys and Aliens movie

Hi all,

I am trying to find a pattern for the holster that Ella, played by Olivia Wilde, wore in the Sci Fi movie, Cowboys and Aliens.

It is a cross draw, integral with the belt.

God bless, and Thanks

Mike

It looked (in the photo clips from the "promo") like s simple Colt dragoon holster style made for a SAA size instead of the larger Colt.

It also looked like, from what I could see, . . . that the holster was attached by wings from the top of the holster flap rather than by the usual belt loop.

It should  not be hard to make, . . . if you have had some experience in making holster patterns from scratch.

Let me know if you have not done this, . . . I'll see if I can pop out a pattern for you, . . . but it would be home grown, . . . not necessarily perfect according to the movie.

May God bless,

Dwight

looks like a 2" billeted belt with a pretty plain slim jim type holster. I was looking at some of the James boys (jessie and Frank) rigs they look similar. looks like she's totin a Remington 1858. I don't know if a SAA would give the same profile as the ejection rod is off to side instead of under the barrel loading handle of the earlier BP pistols.

Edited by chuck123wapati
added comment

Finally found a buckle at Steck's.   Also a few dollars lighter in the wallet.  Ten or more coffee table books on Colt's, Winchester's, leather worn by cowboys and lawmen, all used books....  slippery slope.  I grew up with a Colt SAA and an 1866, so it's all fine and fun!  Now to convince one of my horses that shooting next to her ear is okay.  Got the feminine ear plugs for her and they work fine.   The draft horses are even calmer....just stand there and look when we shoot. 

Dwight, still keep getting a 404 error when trying http://www.dwightsgunleather.com/

God bless