After seeing MarkCDub’s “Stitching chisel case” thread I put this together with dry old scraps (it’s anybody’s guess where the paint comes from...). The leather is downright dry, and needs a heavy treatment of something. The edges were slicked with saddle soap. 

What do you guys recommend use to treat leather that won’t damage the rifle brass through prolonged exposure?

In the future I might plan ahead a little better and slick the belt loops before sewing, and installing a Sam Browne stud instead of the loop and button. 

3734E42D-B903-41DD-9941-01B87543E09A.jpeg

671F9694-3961-4225-BFFA-8C271A4C169C.jpeg

A good scrap leather project. Like the Camo on the leather :)

Thanks for the shout out.  I never thought to make an ammo pouch in that manner lol.  I've never had anything that I made inspire someone to create something.  I will be making some ammo pouches for friends/family now.  I love the ruggedness of it.  The only concern I have is with the minimal stitching on the belt loops.  I feel like the first time you squat down or it grabs ahold of something those stitches will fail.  I would also make the loops wider to allow for more stitches.

Edited by MarkCdub