Here's another Set I finished up yesterday. Knife is O-1 tool steel with Damascus bolsters and box elder dyed blue for the handle.  Sheath is wicket and Craig brown skirting with deer skin liner .  Stamping is a geometric stamp I had in the rack.  Had a bit of a struggle lining it up.  Looked good laying flat but once I sewed it up and inserted the knife you could see the flaws. Had a oops on the belt loop part too when sewing it.  Overall it's a ok though.    On to the next one.   

20190830_145228.jpg

20190830_145234.jpg

20190830_145048.jpg

20190830_145039.jpg

Came out superb.  I don't think most will notice the stamping errors, if they do it is just proof it was hand stamped!  Stitching is pretty nice, what did you use for it?

YinTx

Agreed, superb. I think I'm going to line the next sheath I make because of that rollover. I like it!

4 hours ago, YinTx said:

Came out superb.  I don't think most will notice the stamping errors, if they do it is just proof it was hand stamped!  Stitching is pretty nice, what did you use for it?

YinTx

Thanks!  Dont gasp but its machine stitched.  That is done on the Campbell randall needle awl machine I have, provides a nice stitch front and back.  Very happy with it.  Thread is cotton or linen which in always debate ifnthat is good or not for sheaths.  It will take dye which is nice.

4 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Agreed, superb. I think I'm going to line the next sheath I make because of that rollover. I like it!

Thanks Battlemunky.  The rolled liner is functional too it helps friction hold the knife in place.  Credit to Paul long who is a superb sheathmaker. I learned it from the videos he has out.  

Ross

Edited by Rossr

9 minutes ago, Rossr said:

Dont gasp but its machine stitched.  That is done on the Campbell randall

I was actually guessing it was the Campbell doing the work, really nice results.  I'm saving my pennies and keeping my eye open for one, I think if I do much machine stitching that will be the machine to convert me.

YinTx

57 minutes ago, JasonVolkert said:

Great looking knife and sheath.

Thanks appreciate the kind words

57 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I was actually guessing it was the Campbell doing the work, really nice results.  I'm saving my pennies and keeping my eye open for one, I think if I do much machine stitching that will be the machine to convert me.

YinTx

I'm still learning it but for thicker stuff I really like it.   I haven't done much thinner on it cause it doesnt like it . But I haven't tried thinner thread different needle etc.