Shotgun shell carrier holds complete box of shells. Front panel and gusset panel are 2/3 oz back panel with belt loop is 5 oz. that 100% natural wild caught Florida alligator 

607783D5-4BEC-41EB-B797-A4EEB249729D.jpeg

39AB0731-7C14-4471-9EE5-4056A72D261E.jpeg

Is the alligator laminated to veg tan or is it really that thick?  Looks pretty nice!

YinTx

I like that alligator look!  Only comment I have is that I think it would look even better with the belt loop flipped toward the back.  I normally line the inside so you see the grain side with the loop toward the back.  Might also prevent box from snagging on the bottom edge of the loop when removing the empty box.   Nice job!

Gary

The gator is glued and stitched. Haven’t thought about reversing the belt loop. I don’t line that piece with gator because I personally like the two tone look of natural leather and gator. Only good thing haven’t had anyone complain about belt loop getting in the way. 

Gotcha - I didn’t mean to suggest you use the gator for the lining - just some thin lining leather in the color of your choice.  Then you don’t see any of the flesh side.  Anyway, nice looking pouch!

Gary

14 minutes ago, garypl said:

Then you don’t see any of the flesh side

Or just completely flip it around so the grain faces front, and the loop goes around back.. could even just use a piece a bit longer so it is folded in half and becomes it's own liner...at least it is working well the way it is too!

YinTx

Yea always ways to improve the wheel