Constabulary

Singer 16K SV 11 - I could not resist

Great job Folker, it looks vintage to this machine, no one would think it is a new decal :specool:

10 hours ago, Constabulary said:

A few month ago I applied one of the original Singer decals I discovered once. LW member EVO160K did this on his Singer 45K too and I tried this the first time. Turned out quite well. The glue (MICROSCLAE MI-8) remains do not look as bad as on the picture, the flash makes it look "not so nice" but in real life it looks better. I could scrape it off but I leave it as is.

IMG_0248.thumb.JPG.4446e4fdd62871aa1ca31d035d8b4afc.thumb.JPG.a657fa95bcf9b71bb6ae449501257448.JPG

Folker,

Looks really good to me.  Congratulations.

Did I mention about using a thin metal erasing shield and a good quality red eraser to remove the extra glue?  Comes off quite easily.

LW JIMI posted an interesting link in another thread so I just discovered the model on which this Singer 16KSV11 is based on (I guess).

Class 16 machines start here:    https://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/Trade-Literature/Sewing-Machines/NMAHTEX/2753/imagepages/image35.htm

The "Standard Model" seems to be the Singer 16K37 (see page 44) which seem to have a vibrating presser foot and CB hook. So I guess the "SV difference" in case of the 16KSV11 is the heavy hand wheel the and long beak shuttle.

Singer 16K33.jpg

Edited by Constabulary