Cumberland Highpower

S Twist Linen in Peerless 30

52 minutes ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

34 views and none tried? :)

We have links on the bottom of the page to read the next unread topic. Most of us just click on it and have no idea what the topic is until it opens. That's why so many views but no replies. Also, you are asking about an ancient machine that probably very few people have, or have had.

As with most sewing machines you can use right hand S thread in the shuttle only, left hand Z on top always, when using S in the shuttle use RL (right over left, overhand) needle or awl position / / /, I don’t recommend it use left hand top and bottom with LR (left over right, underhand) \ \ \.

5 hours ago, Les No6 said:

I don’t recommend it use left hand top and bottom with LR (left over right, underhand) \ \ \

Would you explain the reason for this please?  I've never heard this before, but would like to hear why.  Thank you!

When hand stitching with a right hand ply yarn proper basic method which you will find in Master Stohlmans book which is not his method he just wrote the idiots guide. Poke a hole pass the left hand thread through first then pass the right thread on top of the left thread cast over, ie right over left overhand half hitch which sits at / /, in the sewing machine it will sew for a few inch’s and then snap the thread, why? Sit at your machine hold the top and bottom thread turn the fly wheel one revolution and you will note the machine has formed a underhand half hitch which sits at \ \, LR underhand.