Sign in to follow this  
AndyM

Leather flag pouch

I want to make a leather pouch for my fathers burial flag. For years I was going to make an elaborate wood box for it but I’m rethinking a leather case or pouch would be better for it any way. Not much out there for ideas. Something that is classy for sure. Thinner supple leather  most likely. Was thinking no mechanical fasteners either maybe a folding strap or lacing. 

any ideas or pictures to help me  would be great thanks. 

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

any ideas or pictures to help me  would be great thanks. 

You might get more responses if you were more specific in your request... 

Is the flag to be folded in such a way that it results in a triangular shape? Because there are different sized flags, what will the dimensions of the folded flag be? Do you want to display the stars, i.e., have a window to show the flag through? Maybe you could draw something out that would assist people who might be willing and able to help you. Then you might want to make sure that you don't choose a leather type that could degrade the flag itself over time, which is to say that you will probably be safest with a veg-tanned leather.

Just my thoughts.