Arturomex

Sunstar Sewing Machines

Wondering if anyone has any experience with Sunstar machines. Korean made, I believe. I see they also offer a skiver. Perhaps I'm not Googling correctly but I don't see much in the way of reviews on the 'net. I have read the thread here on forum. Just checking to see if anyone has anything more to add.

A couple of links to machines I'm looking at:

https://www.sunstar.co.kr/en/product/sm/1289/listProdSmModel.do

https://www.sunstar.co.kr/en/product/sm/1294/listProdSmModel.do

Thanks for your input.

Arturo

Edited by Arturomex

I had been using a Pfaff 545 for leather and nylon products for years.  Since I needed another machine I bought a new Sunstar 560. For the last 5 years, it has been magnificent.  

When I got an order that needed another machine, I bought another 560.   

Today, I have a buyer coming to look at the 545.  Hope he takes it since it needed a lot more attention than the Sunstars.  I highly recommend them.

I have three KM-590BL machines and they have proven to be reliable workhorses. I bought my first Sunstar in 2003, it has taken everything I have thrown at it and still sews well.   Don't be afraid of the brand.

In Vancouver, Mason Sewing is the Sunstar dealer.  Their industrial sewing machine manager (Marc) is a great guy to deal with if you need parts, service or another machine.

I just looked at the links you provided.

A friend has had a Sunstar  skiver for several years with no problems  With the cylinder arm, I would consider getting the KM-390BL (bobbin large). It is a heavier machine and the larger bobbin is nice.