ewayne53

Deluxe Craftool Leather Splitter Setup

I recently purchased the Deluxe Craftool Leather Splitter. It works great on narrow pieces less than 1 1/4" wide. But if you go any wider it's almost impossible to split it. It still set at the factory default sittings. I've been looking for a video about setting up the splitter but all I can find are demos. Does anyone know if such a video exists?

Thank you and God bless.

Wayne

deluxe-leather-splitter-3795-00-600_430.jpg

I don't have an answer as to set up videos, but if every other Tandy tool I've ever seen is any indication the blade is probably nowhere near as sharp as it should be. I hope that is somewhat helpful to you.

Sharpening seems to be the consensus.  But I also wonder about the position of the blade to the roller. 

Edited by ewayne53

Splitting wider straps with one of those takes alot of horsepower, a good shape blade will help, but it still may be pretty tough to pull through.

Looks like even though the unit is new the blade still needs to be honed top and bottom.  Then it needs to be sharpened to a razors edge. Also the blade edge needs to be at the apex of the roller. 

Edited by ewayne53