Sign in to follow this  
MikeF

Tandy and Tippman Boss

Just went to the Tandy web page to look (again) at the Boss...gone...nada...did Tandy stop carrying Tippman Boss?  (Also saw Tippman themselves dropped the price--slightly--market hiccup?

I think there was  thread on here not to long ago that said Tandy had cut ties with Tippman.  If I were looking at a hand powered sewing machine I would look to the Cowboy Outlaw. Full disclosure I have no experience with the Outlaw but I did use a Boss for about a year.  The short throat on the Boss becomes an issue fairly often.  Also you would have the support of the Cowboy Dealer network and if you search this forum you will see it is highly regarded.  My experience with Tippman was not stellar.  My communication with them was difficult, it seemed like there was really only one guy who could really help you and you had to wait for him to call you.

Todd

Tandy carries The Outlaw now...some of the store should  have demo models once they are open

Edited by LeatherLegion

Appreciate the comments...didn't even know Cowboy made a hand-powered model so I will check that out...also looking at the Master Tools Cub (a Luberto) over at Weaver...interesting but spendy.

NE WY hunh? I played a lot of football up there...against...Hulette, Upton, Moorcroft, Sundance...some basketball in Newcastle.  Many many years ago...we were just  a few generations away from leather helmets when I played...that is to say, the heros I grew up reading about, did wear leather.

Thanks again.

So...took a look at the outlaw...what I could find online...interested but can't really find price and availability...I admit, I'm to used to just clicking on the "buy, check out now" button and never talking to a human...didn't see that on the web anywhere...can someone point to a bona fide dealer or direct sales rep.  Not popping up on Tandy site so I guess they aren't carrying it yet. Basically, how much and who do you have to see to buy one.

Take a look at the banner ads at the top of the page here for Toledo Industrial Machines, they are a site sponsor for LWN.  Or a direct link is https://www.tolindsewmach.com/cowboy-outlaw.html  priced at 1395.00   ... Cowboy Bob is on here frequently, and from all indications provides fantastic support to his customers.

- Bill