On 5/7/2021 at 7:09 AM, JLSleather said:

This one got past me - musta been busy that day.  Anyway - this is a NICE belt!

Untitled-1.jpgGood lookin' leather is a must first step, but I'm a booger for CONSISTENT stitchin' - seriously, irregularity is like fingernails on a chalk board.  With practice, you could be as OCD as me :blush: Really, other folk could take note here ... 

Lookin' CLOSE, I don't think the stitchin' is FLAWLESS, but it's QUITE nice.  I particularly like the way you've "balanced" the backstitch on the billets ... [ for those don't know what i'm on about, note the same double stitching on the start and stop of the billet threads - if you do it, many won't notice, but if you DONT do it, sticks out like a sore thumb ]

I still punch a slot in the main belt to push the billet through on the buckle end - personal preference, though I understand there are arguments to be made for both ways.

Again ~~  NICE BELT.

I don’t know how I missed this post, but I did until just now.  I try to make them match.  I hate when I flub it.  

tell me more about this slot.  I’d be interested in seeing that. 

and thank you.  A compliment from JLS is a good day

On 4/11/2020 at 7:58 PM, Bayou Bengal said:

8/9oz Wickett & Craig English Bridle backed with 3/4oz skirting. The badge holder is matching 7/8oz bridle. White 277 stitching.  
rulJlhS.jpg
jNKO350.jpg
2i5Tglz.jpg

KaPR3Rt.jpg

QG7TEoT.jpg

Rankin County?  Hello from Franklin County 

Beautiful work

Edited by Frodo