JJN

Consew 206RB upgraded the knee lift bell crank

I always enjoy sewing on my Consew 206RB but have never been happy with the knee lift. I messed with it trying to get the highest lift with fair results and the cast iron finger on the bell crank has a gritty feel to it. I don't have the stop on the lift bracket and the lever slips past the bell crank if I go too far with my knee. I ordered a 'roller' bell crank from @Gregg From Keystone Sewing and installed it on my machine. Wow, I love it. Smooth action and higher foot lift. I should have done this long ago. I will order another one for my 206RB-1.

The photo shows the original bell crank setting next to the new one I installed.

206rb-bellcrank.jpg

Edited by JJN

This bell crank type comes standard on the 206RB-3 and up, and should provide 9/16" foot lift using the knee lifter when everything is adjusted correctly.  Also...I've been using this knee lifter and bell crank setup on Pfaff 145 and 545 rebuilds here and there.  Direct bolt on bell crank with no mods, other than maybe grinding down the non working part of the top of the crank that may hit the bed of the machine a bit too soon, but very little to get the action needed.  Old Pfaff set screw and everything line up great and it's, for me, a lot easier to adjust well compared to the Pfaff factory bell crank and knee lifter setup.  Of course, the 206RB type knee lifter would have to be used here as well for the Pfaff setup that I'm talking about.  BTW keep at least the old bell crank spring on hand, they do break from time to time and you never know when you may need it.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing