Sign in to follow this  
DJole

Bag hardware supplier: Ning Bags in Honolulu

Ning Bags for the win!

My wife's family has an heirloom, a Masonic sword with a leather carrying case, about 100 years old or so, belonging to a great-grandfather. 

When it came to my brother in law last year, after a death in his family, I was asked to restitch the leather case. The original thread was likely cotton or linen, and had nearly all deteriorated.

So I matched the original thread with some Ritza synthetic thread (no reason to keep the "authentic" thread type, since it's not really a "historic" piece), and re-stitched the entire case. But there was turn lock on the case, which was missing the turning piece.

I could not locate a match -- all the ones I could locate online (The Buckle Guy, Ohio Travel Bag, etc.) were 1 inch or larger, none 3/4 inch in width like this one. 
But today, on a random search, I struck gold, and I found the turn lock in the right size and the right color. The pieces will fit seamlessly in the current slots on the leather, and the case will be completely restored. 

Hey, thanks for sharing that. I found a couple of things on there that I've been searching for.

Regards,

Arturo