toxo

V92 Brown Polyester/Nylon

All the other colours around £10/£15 per decent sized cone. Brown? Either non existent or priced around £30. Any sources anyone?

Perhaps it's a "local" supply problem. This Covid thing really seems to have buggered up a lot of production/shipping.

I last paid $19.14 CDN (approx. 10.94 GBP) for an 8oz spool of brown #92 bonded nylon. Just checked the Techsew site, where some of my thread comes from and they have light brown, brown and dark brown in stock. I realized that's not much help, Toxo, but there is brown thread out there somewhere.

Regards,

Arturo

5 hours ago, Arturomex said:

Perhaps it's a "local" supply problem. This Covid thing really seems to have buggered up a lot of production/shipping.

I last paid $19.14 CDN (approx. 10.94 GBP) for an 8oz spool of brown #92 bonded nylon. Just checked the Techsew site, where some of my thread comes from and they have light brown, brown and dark brown in stock. I realized that's not much help, Toxo, but there is brown thread out there somewhere.

Regards,

Arturo

I think It's a supply/demand thing. I can see Brown selling out first (for leather) And yes, maybe the virus has diverted some production.

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

if you need something from my side of the channel (Ebay or other sources) - let me know...

Polyester Thread Ebay

A very kind offer Folker but unless they ship direct to the uk (the one I looked at won't) It's shipping to you and then shipping to me. Plus I'd rather bite the bullet than cause you hassle my friend.

Sorted now guys. Went with Abbey. Polyester wrong colour so went with nylon but at least it's Dark Brown.