Sneakpeak at the tube. Laced and temporarily fitted on to the innertube. Next pic post will be in show off when it's done, I got some stuff left with the cap and also will start with a purse tomorrow or so.

Tom

IMG_6349_01web.jpg

post-5146-1207692581_thumb.jpg

Sorry for confusing you a bit. The antique dyes is two component and black (or very dark) oil is one of the components and mahogany brown the other. The brown will penetrate the leather and the black stays more on top, filling out indents and such when it's wiped off but the way I've done with this case is to get a heavier cote and leave some off the black on top (and some of it rubbed into leather).

Hope I set things straight for you now!

Ok, I'm even more confused now :blink: I know, I can be dense sometimes.

You mix the mahogany antique with black oil? The mahogany antique itself already contains black oil? I've only used Tandy's antique finish so far. Is the antique you mention a different product?

That tube is looking good so far! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the Show Off section!

Edited by Myriam

Okay Tom, your starting to act like me with the teasers and stuf...get it done and let's have a look, I'm so wanting to see this done as it looks so good so far.

Sitting patiently in front of my puter, wondering what time it is in Sweden.

Ken

Ok, I'm even more confused now :blink: I know, I can be dense sometimes.

You mix the mahogany antique with black oil? Nope! The mahogany antique itself already contains black oil? Yes! I've only used Tandy's antique finish so far. Is the antique you mention a different product? Nope!

That tube is looking good so far! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the Show Off section!

Just go back to my original post 'bout this and disregard the other and experiment away.

Thank you for showing interest in my work!

Tom

Okay Tom, your starting to act like me with the teasers and stuf...get it done and let's have a look, I'm so wanting to see this done as it looks so good so far.

Sitting patiently in front of my puter, wondering what time it is in Sweden.

Ken

He he he :devil:

We're some 6-9 hours ahead of you in time.

Ok I'm also very anxious to get it done so I get to it, off course. BUT..last night when I transferred this pic something crashed the photodrive, bahh AND I recently had problems with my windrive SO I HAVE NO FREAKIN BACKUP OF MY PHOTOS CUZ THE BACKUP DISK IS CURRENTLY A SYSTEM BACKUP DISK...how annoying. I just thought no way in hell I would be so unfortunate that I'd get this at such a bad timing. Usually I have photodisk always backed up. A second backup disk has been planned for sometime but ehum leather is expensive here. This month I actually was gonna buy that disk BUT my cellphone BROKE DOWN and the carbattery too so I rescheduled that to next month and was going to restore my old photobackup someday this week. AAAAHhhhhh I'm so mad at myself.

That disk has about 40-50 000 photos that I precious alot so I just gotta give it some time aswell, starting now. Only slept 6 hours last couple of days to have time for my family aswell, lol.

Well,, performing some system repair now and take a powernap meanwhile and return to tube in the evening.

Stay tuned and thanks for cheering me on, I'm just that kind of guy that really needs a kick in the butt to keep going sometimes!

Tom

Just go back to my original post 'bout this and disregard the other and experiment away.

Thank you for showing interest in my work!

Tom

Ok, will do. Thanks again for your help, Tom, and I hope you get all those photos safe and secure.

Just finished backin the most important stuff, like the originals and family pics. The drive is fully functional now so I'm all happy and reallay tired. Time to hit the sack!

Tom

Glad to hear you saved your files. Sweet dreams! :)

Progress info update: Yesterday HD troubles and just now I discovered that I mixed up measurements and built the damn thing around the minimum innerlenght so I missed the extra 4" I was gonna have. Phoned my friend and asked him to measure exact actual length. Turns out to be 2" more than what he told me for minimum innerlenght, ha ha I can just laugh at it. I'm like dyslexic with numbers, totally hopeless so stuff like this is expected.

Someone here wrote recently that what makes a good leatherworker is his ability to hide/mask up the mistakes so I'm going for a nice decorative braid at the bottom of the tube wich is attached to a 5" leatherpiece to extend the tube. With all the lacing going on with this one I think it'll look just as good.

Got the final leatherpieces cut out and tooled today, some lacingholes too so mostly straightforward assembly left. Had the worst time making templates for top endpiece and you'll see why later when finished. I'll post pics when main assembly is done before I fit the maintube liner. I'll probably put that on hold to have time for the other stuff. Tube nr 2 has a shorter deadline and Laila wants a purse.

Over and out!

Tom