sheuxmlin

Help IDing this Consew machine?

Consew 225

The machine head has sunken in to the table opening. Needs to have the rubber mounts replaced so the bed sits just above the table surface. The drip pan is loose under the table. You don't know if the machine needs parts or adjustments before you can use it. It has a clutch motor that you probably will want to replace with a servo. This model does not have reverse. The machine looks a little rough, needs cleaning.

Also, don't put much value in old thread. My experience with old thread is that it breaks and frays. The bonding breaks down and the ends will split when cut and makes it hard to thread the needle. Buy new thread.

Will this machine, when cleaned, adjusted and repaired be the machine you want or need? Be picky and get the machine you really want the first time.

Edited by JJN

It's certainly not a 206rb.  It has a top loading small G bobbin, and is a Consew 225 variant.  Let's call it a "225 R-1" although I'm not sure Consew made such a thing.  Most 225 models came with a narrower handwheel, but many of the later models had wide handwheels like this.  

It has 90% of what a good upholstery class machine needs to be.  But that last 10% (no reverse) is a killer.  

For me, it would be enough to keep looking.  Find a Consew 226, 206rb-1, Juki LU-562, Lu-563 and I think you'd be better off.

My first machine was a Consew 226 and I had no complaints.  I later upgraded to a big bobbin machine, but other than that the 226 was great.   

Edited by Pintodeluxe

I’m just just posting the actual photos since the facebook marketplace link will stop working eventually. I agree it looks like a late model Consew 225. Worth perhaps $250-$400, if its serviceable and complete. They’re good starter machines, easy to work on to learn sewing and machine maintenance. Plan to replace the clutch motor with a modern servo motors for about $150-$200.

34B6F019-F87A-4815-B995-636855082A29.jpegE08DECA8-35CD-4008-9786-4313F35C20C3.jpeg