Sign in to follow this  
KayC

HELP PLEASE - with Artisan Toro 3000

HELP! Does anyone know what to do when this happens? Sewing on Artisan Toro 3000 and it just stops sewing. Hand wheel will only turn with force (backwards or forwards). I oiled, and cleaned and pulled a few threads that were stuck around the bottom pulley wheel. I am in the middle of a job that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. All help is greatly appreciated.

Might help to localise the problem. I don't have one, but I'm a systems man.

1. It's belt-driven, isn't it? That's a prime suspect. Take the belt off, does the motor run?

2. Forcing a jam's a good way to bend parts - the needle, quite possibly.

3. If you'he had tangles, it often hides in the mechanism. Resolving one doesn't mean there aren't others , in or around the bobbin mechanism.

Also, check to make sure there's nothing jammed up in the bobbin compartment.  Even a little piece of thread will gum up the works.

Take the end cap off, undo the two screws ,  remove the bobbin case, check for any bits of thread,  and then try and turn it , by hand   . If it still doesn't turn...O'h dear . Have a look inside the inspection plate to the right.  But I wouldn't keep forcing it in case you are doing  any damage . 

That sort of thing would make me sweat, ... and  you  no doubt . 

HS