k6.jpg

k3.jpg

post-2374-1191632410_thumb.jpg

post-2374-1191632519_thumb.jpg

post-2374-1191632660_thumb.jpg

post-2374-1191632834_thumb.jpg

post-2374-1191633087_thumb.jpg

Edited by llasso

Larry, again your work is breathtaking. I just love the straps you make.

Ken

nice pair of spur straps it is one of my most liked style of straps because of the simplisity, no buckles and so on ... plus they are the quickest to put on or take of but after seeing the way you did yours i was surprised to see that the adjustment cuts dont go through the leather or am i mistaken ...i believe this will be very hard to see when trying to mount the spurs as you canot see the button and the outer layer of leather will press against the button.... i dont know i may be wrong have you tried to mount this style while wearing boots and then puting on the straps, Don

Very fancy indeed. And thanks for the inspiration for a way to use up some of my scrap leather and 1/8th" lace. Now, I wonder though who is gonna buy these? I guess the Christmas gift market......

Not a real practical spur strap since the lace will not hold up well on a stirrup. But they look really nice. Kinda retro. Have you tried a buck stitch with rawhide? Now that would hold up.

nice pair of spur straps it is one of my most liked style of straps because of the simplisity, no buckles and so on ... plus they are the quickest to put on or take of but after seeing the way you did yours i was surprised to see that the adjustment cuts dont go through the leather or am i mistaken ...i believe this will be very hard to see when trying to mount the spurs as you canot see the button and the outer layer of leather will press against the button.... i dont know i may be wrong have you tried to mount this style while wearing boots and then puting on the straps, Don

You are right there are no slits on the outer layer of leather. I thought I would try this method to see how it works. If you attach your spurs to the straps and then put them on the boots no problem. In taking them off just un-do one side and leave the other attached and they work fine. I do understand your point and thank you for your input..... Larry

I had not really thought of the lacing rubing against any part of the saddle. You are right, I will do a pair with rawhide buck stiching and see what they look like. I tried to bring a new look to a spur strap in doing what I did. "Who will buy them"???? We will find out as they are up for sale. Thanks for your input and keep your mined open for new ideals..... Larry