toxo

Mentoring!

Here in the UK the unemployment figures are growing alarmingly due to covid, especially amongst the young.

I have a grandson who can't get a job for love nor money and the thought occurred to me that, although I'm retired I have a wealth of knowledge that I could pass on, not just leather but all kinds of things, a fabricator welder by trade and used to buiding all sorts from blueprints  and I know I'm not the only one in that position

My question is, if I were willing to take on such a commitment, would it be worth looking for some kind of government grant to fascillitate such an endeavor?

3 hours ago, toxo said:

Here in the UK the unemployment figures are growing alarmingly due to covid, especially amongst the young.

I have a grandson who can't get a job for love nor money and the thought occurred to me that, although I'm retired I have a wealth of knowledge that I could pass on, not just leather but all kinds of things, a fabricator welder by trade and used to buiding all sorts from blueprints  and I know I'm not the only one in that position

My question is, if I were willing to take on such a commitment, would it be worth looking for some kind of government grant to fascillitate such an endeavor?

YES weather you can get a grant or not both personally and for the young folks you will be mentoring. Just my opinion but i believe the more personal knowledge you can pass on the better its something people just cant google to get and it will be lost.