Tbosen

Landis #3 Skipping stitches

Hello,

I have been using information from this forum for a while now but this is my first post. I have a Landis #3 that is new to me. I  use it to make cart harnesses for horses. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is skipping stitches every once in a while. I have found the problem that the thread does not go around the bobbin but passes on the side. I tried adjusting some of the timing but haven't dared adjust the needle timing. I can send some photos when I get home, but had a few minutes so thought I would hop on here to see if I could get some help. Thank you for your input. 

As a first step make sure the slot in the needle that hooks the thread is lined up so the shuttle correctly splits the thread and clean and polish the nose of the shuttle.  You should be able to see what exactly is happening by removing the shuttle cover and cycling the machine slowly by hand.

could be as simple as skipping when work is crowded or pushed a little.

Sbrownn, 
thanks for your input. I cycled the thing a million times and finally understood what you were talking about (no fault of your own I was looking in the wrong spot) I got the bobbin in line the best I could by adjusting the screws on the side and it has worked in making two dog collars without missing a stitch. So I think we are on our way to getting this thing figured out. Thank you again.