Sign in to follow this  
regius

Specialty equipment: leather buttonhole machines

1 hour ago, regius said:

May I ask what the "201" and your other machine, refer to? sorry for the ignorance. 

201 is a Singer domestic sewing machine

1 hour ago, regius said:

May I ask what the "201" and your other machine, refer to? sorry for the ignorance. 

the 201 refers to a much sought after Singer 201 class domestic sewing machine. It has drop feed, a flat foot, side loading horizontal axis bobbin and a pod motor. It has a longer body than the 15 class machines that came first and fetches a higher price. Th 201 was produced from 1935 through 1961.

Here is the Ismacs page about the Singer 201.

It is a Singer 201. Not a leather machine, but largely considered one of the best Singer put out. My other machines...my day job is clothing alterations and sewing.  Mostly I do bridal and formal wear with a healthy dose of everything and use a Consew 7360r-2ss for the majority of work.  I also have in use a Singer standard no 3 for leather work and Carhartt heavy denim and work coveralls, 2 over lockers (one industrial and one domestic), 3 treadles (one specific for bespoke men's shirts since it does the right spi), a Singer 99 set up as a button hole machine with the attachment and a Pfaff domestic for lingerie since it is the only zig zag machine.  

I am a full set up shop with all the dodads for bridal and tailoring from busks (vacuum form to shape suit coats), steamers, grommet press and a small fortune in hot fix rhinestones plus stuff no one here would care about even less then this. Also why I knew about the machine and why it got off subject so bad.