Well I am a hobby leather worker and after cancer treatments got this machine a couple of years ago.  Been back to factory twice numerous problems.  Back to hand sewing.  while Tippmann responds to my request it hard to work with them on phone being 80% deaf.  67 year old disabled vet.  Anyone have problems ?  Suggestion on a "better" machine.  About ready to give up my hobby.  Oh I have trouble sewing by hand due to two pins in dominant hand

.  Thanks for info.  Do not post much my stuff is not that good

hand.jpg

wrist.jpg

You didn't say what the problems are with the Boss machine. But, if they aren't resolved at the factory and you still want a manual sewing machine, there is one called the Cowboy Outlaw. It is sold and services in Toledo, Ohio. Also, Weaver Leather sells a manual sewing machine they call The Cub.

For similar money you could get a motorized Cowboy CB2500. It is only bottom feed, but the teeth really pull the leather on the bottom. People using machines like it just rub out the tooth marks on the back side.

Edited by Wizcrafts
Got rid of multiple blank lines caused by my cat's paw on the keyboard, unbeknownst to me.

46 minutes ago, WalkingBear1954 said:

Suggestion on a "better" machine. 

The one arm bandits have their place but as some of us become a little older with a few more physical limitations motorized equipment offers a much more enjoyable solution. You didn't mention what type of things you are presently hand sewing now or want to sew. With that info someone can offer viable motorized solutions as to machines and accessories, new and used as well as brand name or clone machines. A motorized machine will definitely take the stress and strain off your dominate hand.

kgg

I can only offer my experiences with "The Boss" and Tippman.  I have not had many problems with Boss.  Tippman has been more than satisfactory when I have called them with any kind of a problem.  FYI I am 82 (pushing the Hell out of 83) and have no troubles pulling the handle.   I will admit that The Boss bobbin winding (cordless drill or some drill) leaves a bit to be desired, so I made an electric bobbin winder out of some spare parts I happen to have laying around.  Gets an even wind which really helped the sewing.  As my dear old daddy used to tell me.....Do the best you can with what you have.

Many thanks for the replies appreciate it.  I make belts, gun slings, holster and bible covers.  I am mostly self taught and You Tube.  My stamping is ok but tooling is terrible..