Sign in to follow this  
BarnOwl

Clutch motor oiling

I looked around to see if this had been addressed in a specific topic but I couldn't find one dedicated to it, I am sure it has been discussed on here before. I was cleaning the clutch motor off of my Adler 204-64 and noticed oiling ports on the clutch. What type of oil (same as the machine)? and how much typically is needed. It is a 1/2 hp Super, it appears to be the original made in Belgium. 

IMG_0577-compressed.jpeg

Looks like it is for the pivot  pin  engages the clutch so it doesn't need alot a few drops a yr should be enough.

17 hours ago, BarnOwl said:

What type of oil (same as the machine)?

Yes, clear sewing machine oil will do. Otherwise, a light weight 3 in 1 type oil.

Thanks Guys, it kind of caught me off guard as the motor was pretty dusty mixed with years of being oiled regularly but not really cleaned. As I was cleaning it I unearthed this port like a fossil that probably has not been used in years, it actually looked like a bolt head until I scraped about 1/4' of greasy lint off the the top. I did not want to put too much in or the wrong type and have my clutch Strat slipping.