I have 2 juki lu1508nh and the clamp that holds the gear that operates the bottom shaft keeps coming loose. I have put it back several times but it keeps coming out of both the new machines. I have an older one that It has never happened to and they all do the same job. Does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

20210526_081420.jpg

20 hours ago, Jerrysleathercrafts said:

I have 2 juki lu1508nh and the clamp that holds the gear that operates the bottom shaft keeps coming loose. I have put it back several times but it keeps coming out of both the new machines. I have an older one that It has never happened to and they all do the same job. Does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

20210526_081420.jpg

It has a set screw that is on the outside of the pulley.You might have to take the belt off to get to it.Part#43 on page 10 in the parts manual.

Juki_LU-1508N,_-1508NH.pdf

Edited by CowboyBob

Page 10 is just a parts list

30 minutes ago, Jerrysleathercrafts said:

Page 10 is just a parts list

That set screw #43 is what locks the offset adjustable pin that is loosening that you are having a problem with.

Edited by CowboyBob

Ok I will try this on Monday and give you an update. Thank you

I went ahead and loosened the oblong screw and tightened the screw in the gear. Then retightened the oblong screw. Hopefully it will hold now

The Juki 1508 Engineer’s Manual (lu1510n.pdf ) describes how the adjustment of the safety clutch torque works, on page 32/33. Here’s a screen shot of the relevant section:

01CCC9D3-5804-48A6-BBA5-DD3560A2596B.jpegA162E54C-E7C5-405C-AF05-C11361197850.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

It worked fine today. I'll update if it happens again