DustyBench

Need Help with new Servo Motor install and Needle Positioner!

I just installed a Consew CSM-3000 servo motor on my Juki 1508N and fabricated a speed reducer for it. Everything is working fine, just the way I wanted it. The problem I am having is getting a new Needle Positioner to work. After I installed the NP it does nothing to position the needle, as if the control box doesn't recognize it. There is one page of instructions with the CSM-3000 motor that gives very little info about the control box. This is a newer control box than the one pictured on the Consew website, it has 4 buttons instead of the two shown. I've tried searching online, including the Consew site with no luck. Consew doesn't even list the CSM-3000 on their Resource Page. The little info I have found on an Upholstery forum indicates that the needle positioner is located in the menu as "U1", but that does not even show up when I cycle through the menu. Also the panel shows "U 13" for a brief time every time I turn it on and then shows the set speed... not sure if that is some error code or what?  Everything else is working fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

20210629_000530 - Copy.jpg

Are you positive it has a Needle position function, as it looks like some consew motors don't have that option

Well, I've reached out to the Consew tech support team through their website twice in the last 2 weeks with not a single response. Nice customer service! I've been looking for a used cylinder arm machine for a while, but Consew will definitely NOT made my short list!

I called and spoke to a Consew Rep last week. He admitted he didn't know anything about their motors or controls. He asked for my email address, said he would try to find some better instructions dealing with the control box menu and get that right out to me. Obviously there is none or he didn't look! My last Consew product purchase. 

2 hours ago, DustyBench said:

I called and spoke to a Consew Rep last week. He admitted he didn't know anything about their motors or controls. He asked for my email address, said he would try to find some better instructions dealing with the control box menu and get that right out to me. Obviously there is none or he didn't look! My last Consew product purchase. 

HAHAHA LOL  .. I tried there service Dept. for a fix of new Consew servo I bought couple years back .. Servo is one of there nice model . 750 watt, 4 button programmable csm3000 .( No NPS ) . Looks pretty much same as your model Pic.
Mine ... Turn on . It hammers-out 5 stitches on the power-up .

Consew customer service Center . They are a Joke , and All They Could Tell Me Was , ...  "send us a video of your problem "  .
I hung-up the phone and went back to work . Labeled---> ' PREMIER BY CONSEW ' .. my Ass . Consew CS is worthless on giving usable knowledge to customers mechanical problem .

On 7/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, nylonRigging said:

HAHAHA LOL  .. I tried there service Dept. for a fix of new Consew servo I bought couple years back .. Servo is one of there nice model . 750 watt, 4 button programmable csm3000 .( No NPS ) . Looks pretty much same as your model Pic.
Mine ... Turn on . It hammers-out 5 stitches on the power-up .

Consew customer service Center . They are a Joke , and All They Could Tell Me Was , ...  "send us a video of your problem "  .
I hung-up the phone and went back to work . Labeled---> ' PREMIER BY CONSEW ' .. my Ass . Consew CS is worthless on giving usable knowledge to customers mechanical problem .

Mine has always turned a few revolutions on startup.  I thought it was a feature.  :P

Edited by bj139