ValinorKings

How to wire rocker switch on Artisan servo motor

Howdy leather friends!

I have an Artisan Toro 3000 that I need to replace the on/off rocker switch on the servo motor. I got the switch housing, exact same one, but i can’t figure out how to reconnect it. 4 prongs, 4 wires. 1 red, 1 double red, 1 blue and 1 white/ taupe(?). I’m not electrical savvy in the slightest so please forgive my ignorance. I’ve included some pics of what I’ve got. Thank you in advance!1CBD542C-0B69-4177-B856-80E9AF26D5F5.jpeg.d48661a9d5c0a1f2912f5b650013c24e.jpeg502EC642-5EEB-4C06-A89A-E2B927FF790A.jpeg.38de96e59c06199073ce47d2a59f2aa7.jpeg

Edited by ValinorKings

@ValinorKings  Moved your post to leather sewing machines.

This is a case where it helps to take photos or make notes as you are disassembling the wiring, etc.  Then you can simply follow your notes/photo to reassemble.

This is a double pole single throw switch (DPST).  It breaks or closes both the supply and neutral lines at the same time.  Can't see the switch rocker as there is no photo to compare the orientation of the rocker compared to the orientation of the terminal tabs.  So that makes it difficult to accurately describe what to do!  This switch looks like yours.  (If the tabs are inline with the rocker, the diagram is still accurate for the connections.)

image.png

Start with the cable that comes from the plug.  One wire is hot (red), the other is neutral (blue).  (The green safety ground wire is attached to the housing somewhere and you can ignore it as it isn't switched.)  So follow the diagram.  Input is from your plug cable.

Hope this helps.

38 minutes ago, Northmount said:

This is a case where it helps to take photos or make notes as you are disassembling the wiring, etc.  Then you can simply follow your notes/photo to reassemble.

Trust me if I had the chance to I would have. When removing the housing it stuck pretty good and then came flying out unplugged. So never even had a chance to see it’s original state. 

Thank you so much for the explanation! I’ll give it a whirl when I get back to the shop and let you know it goes. Much appreciated!

Also apologies for the thread mislocation. I thought I HAD set it up in the sewing machine topic section.