Constabulary

Jack Servo Hack - E5 Error does not disapear

Last night something odd happened on my JACK 563 Servo. I wanted to increase the RPM but seems I pressed and odd button combination (I guess - don´t know) by mistake (fingers too thick I guess :lol:) And I got an E5 Error (E5 = needle positioner ON but not sensor installed). Usually not a big issue - there are several YT videos on the E5 error and the poor manual describes it as well.

Unfortunately nothing worked. The E5 was on the display permanently no matter what I tried. I unplugged the 2 plugs on the control box, turned the motor off and on - I tried everything even all kind of button combinations. Even factory reset was not possible cause the E5 was on the display all the time - no way to remove it. I already feared that the board is bad and I have to order a new one from College Sewing (they have 1 remaining).

I finally did this and it worked:

I turned the motor off, pressed down the foot pedal and turned the motor on, motor starts as normal and I was able to turn off the needle positioner (from N1 to N0), then released the foot pedal. Now the motor works again as normal - no issues anymore.

Don´t ask me what I did wrong and don´t ask me why pressing the foot pedal came to my mind - I just tried it and it worked. :dunno: Really - no clue - it just worked. This was the 1st motor failure in 7 years - fingers crossed!

Maybe this works for other issues with the JACK servo as well - or maybe it works for other servo brands too - I don´t know. I just wanted to share this as a possible option for removing motor errors. ;) It may work or not - in my case it worked.

I'm not sure that I would have thought of starting it with the foot pedal down, I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else.:rolleyes2:

At least you got it working.

It takes a quite a while for the electricity to deplete when you shut it off & by pressing on the pedal you got rid of the stored juice in the capacitors so it could reset itself.