AbelJojua

Belt system

Hi guys! 

Just converting one of my old industrials with a new servo... is the alignment for the belt and motor a bit off? This alignment right now is as far as it allows me to go to the left.. might need to drill new holes closer to the opening I reckon? And does that belt need to go directly in a straight line down to meet the motor? (It’s at an angle at the moment )

many thanks !

BD682FF1-08DC-411D-A549-C28167ABF8B8.jpeg

Edited by AbelJojua

Yes. Either redrill holes or you might find another pulley with  longer center that might extend past shaft enough. 

21 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Yes. Either redrill holes or you might find another pulley with  longer center that might extend past shaft enough. 

Easiest for me is just redrill. Don’t really mind the extra holes in my table to be honest .. many thanks !

If you are running slow might not matter. 

straight for two reasons, it will wear the belts out on the sides and the pully's but more importantly the offset will cause pressure on the shaft and bearings of the motor front to back instead of straight up that could in time ruin the motor. here is some info hope it helps and it applies to any v belt setup alignment and proper tension are critical.

https://www.plantservices.com/assets/wp_downloads/pdf/111025-Ludeca-guide-pulley-alignment.pdf

Redrill yes but watch out for the belt running into the table slot while you are at it, no good rubbing against it either.