badgranola

Consew 206RB5 foot pedal issue

Hi all! I snagged a consew 206rb5 from marketplace and have been working with it for a bit. I replaced the foot pedal as the original was broken. My problem is it is SUPER sensitive. Like if I tap it, it takes off. It has a brushless servo motor installed, I believe, but honestly the speed control doesn’t seem to do much.  

The problem is that digital brushless motor. I use an analog servo motor, with brushes and a rotary speed switch on most of my machines. They all start at zero and ramp up as I toe down. The knob sets the maximum speed. The motors I get from the above source come with a very small pulley that gives great speed reduction and decent torque. Some of my machines also have either a 2:1 or 3:1 speed reducer and they are the cat's meow!

Is there another slot on the foot pad where you can move the rod connecting to the servo to so you get more travel from start to full position

Another solution mentioned on this forum was to place a rubber tennis size ball under the foot pat to give more resistance to pressing down

SA picture of your servo and linkage would help

Edited by chrisash

On my machine I've extended the levers on both the pedal and the speed controller to give better control. I've also st the maximum speed to a lower speed (poss 2200) so for the full movement of the pedal its over a smaller speed range which I think gives better control than over bigger range.

Edited by keithski122

I have seen a problem like yours with some servo motors discussed back in 2012. Perhaps it is the problem you have got.

This is a video about it:

I think there were more threads on leatherworker about it. This is one of them:

14 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The problem is that digital brushless motor. I use an analog servo motor, with brushes and a rotary speed switch on most of my machines. They all start at zero and ramp up as I toe down. The knob sets the maximum speed. The motors I get from the above source come with a very small pulley that gives great speed reduction and decent torque. Some of my machines also have either a 2:1 or 3:1 speed reducer and they are the cat's meow!

I’ll have to look into that. I have a juki 8700 and the servo on that has a knob and works like a dream!

6 hours ago, chrisash said:

Is there another slot on the foot pad where you can move the rod connecting to the servo to so you get more travel from start to full position

Another solution mentioned on this forum was to place a rubber tennis size ball under the foot pat to give more resistance to pressing down

SA picture of your servo and linkage would help

That’s the motor that is on it. Sorry if the pic is awful!

B03A9A92-B7D2-4523-BB84-B50A5AD5BAA5.jpeg