Sign in to follow this  
BeefSupreme

Belt Tipper Dies

Anyone here use a belt tipping machine? If not, maybe you know a die supplier for this.

I have a Tandy/Craftplus belt tipping machine, and I'd like some custom dies made. I've heard weaver will custom make dies for their belt tipper, but I don't know if weaver dies would be compatible on a Craftplus tipping machine.

https://www.ivan.tw/products/craftplus-tipping-machine

Anyone have experience swapping out tipping dies? Think that's something Texas Custom Dies would tackle for me?

For example, here are some of the Weaver dies (not sure if these would work on my machine):

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/cp_/shop-now/machinery/master-tools/self-centering-punch

those prices are NOT acceptable for MY wallet.

You can get dies made to punch belts for FAR less money, fit right in a shop press (under $100 at harbor freight).  I prefer to cut the ENDS with a die, but only MARK the hole position so I can hand punch.  I use OVALS for the adjustment holes, and it's just easier to ALIGN the punch by hand. This COULD be done in a die, but the cost would be exponential.  You COULD have the die also punch ROUND HOLES and then go back and punch the ovals, but wat would be the point of that?

I hear you, and I've been doing the same by-hand method for awhile now. However, I'm at the point where making 10 belts a day by hand becomes tedious, a tad boring, and really putting some strain on my wrists. It's about saving time for me at this point, and the 1 out of 100 times I slip and make a mistake by hand. Sales have been going well for some time now, so I think a die is in the cards for my business.