unioncreek

Making a Ranger belt and need a few measurements?

It's been a long time since I've been on the forums.   I've done some leather work in the past, but recently retired and decided to make a Ranger belt for myself.  I'm looking for the measurements on the buck end for the snaps and the slot.   I've tried to find some templates with the measurements online but have had no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

Tandy has an ebook library that is free I'm sure they have the stohlman belt patterns with all the info you will need. the pattern i have=   slot centered at 1 1/8" from the end of the billet.  first snap hole 3/4" from center of slot towards tip of billet  second is1" from slot center to rear of billet third is 2" all measured from center of 3/4" slot

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by chuck123wapati

Thanks for the info Chuck,  it gives me something to work with.   I'll check out Tandy's site and see what they have.

Thanks again.

Bob

I cut my buckle end 7" and 11" on the other billet. Add 1" if the belt is over 40". Not science, just the way I do it. Good luck!

Stohlman’s “Belts Galore” booklet has lots of patterns and construction tips for ranger and other belts.