Recent project / order.  Custom setup for Glock 48 with integrated spare mag pouch.

Fully lined in chrome free suede.

Thin blue line motif received thin blue thread as well.

The final product was edge coated so no raw edges were visible, but I apparently did not save that photo... :wacko:

20211207_131205.thumb.jpg.258fa04306846274cb5d2593904a9bb7.jpg

You sure pulled it off your work is darn nice.  

I was always tempted to try this design but felt skeptical about the usability factor, due to the user having to pull the mag out with the same hand as the one holding the gun. The rig being flexible along the seam between the gun and mag also turned me off because I was weary of it flexing and bulging out.

2 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

I was always tempted to try this design but felt skeptical about the usability factor, due to the user having to pull the mag out with the same hand as the one holding the gun. The rig being flexible along the seam between the gun and mag also turned me off because I was weary of it flexing and bulging out.

I wondered that too but then realized that you never know the user may only have one hand. and a guy could always add a loop behind the seam to prevent possible bulging. 

nicely done.  really like the addition of the "thin blue line".  Your stitching looks amazing too.

6 hours ago, DrmCa said:

I had a few concerns too, so I did a "test" rig without any of the finish work.

Doing the testing on that, wearing the holster strong side at more of "duty" carry position and with a properly supportive belt.. there wasn't much flex at all, with the curve at the waist right there it locks it pretty tight.

Drawing the mag with off hand works almost no different than than spare mags on the same side as the weapon (common with some agencies).

My concern for the design really was the lack of angle on the draw for the weapon and the magazine. but they wanted straight draw and as compact a design as possible..

If I were building it for me, I'd include a 10degree forward cant on both.

5 hours ago, PastorBob said:

nicely done.  really like the addition of the "thin blue line".  Your stitching looks amazing too.

Thanks PB, some day I may progress to a sewing machine (for speed) but I enjoy the hand sewing element. Kick on some music, hot cup of coffee and sew away. Cathartic.