Stetson912

The trouble I got into in Prescott this year...

I got to go to the southwest leatherworkers trade show in Prescott this year. I took several courses and this is what I came out with.

Jim Linnel taught his inverted figure carving class where we made a spirit horse. FB_IMG_1646237510230.thumb.jpg.fc380326be6f26acd55e68e8e64aa832.jpg

Rocky Minster taught his arizona style layout and tooling and is one heck of a guy full of awesome knowledge and history.FB_IMG_1646237516797.jpg.6139eab0a9ca2f4fd076246f25bef96a.jpg

And Serina Fenn Lee taught a dice cup class that was really fun too. It makes a great stamp holder. Allaround a real fun time!FB_IMG_1646237525130.thumb.jpg.5c296bac6f65d6572459a83e72bdf6a0.jpg

That is really nice work.  Would like to make the show one of these days.  Never been to one.  Is this one of the larger gatherings?

2 hours ago, PastorBob said:

That is really nice work.  Would like to make the show one of these days.  Never been to one.  Is this one of the larger gatherings?

It's a good size. A lot of vendors and big names. It's hosted by the leathercrafters and saddlers journal. It's the only one I've been too but I don't think it's as big as sheridan. But, if it's leather related it'll be at the show haha. I go mostly for the classes because the instructors are well known in the craft and people I look up to and the opportunity to learn from them is incredible 

11 minutes ago, Stetson912 said:

It's a good size. A lot of vendors and big names. It's hosted by the leathercrafters and saddlers journal. It's the only one I've been too but I don't think it's as big as sheridan. But, if it's leather related it'll be at the show haha. I go mostly for the classes because the instructors are well known in the craft and people I look up to and the opportunity to learn from them is incredible 

Just looked up distance from house...Sheridan is closer by 100 miles, coming in at a 15 hour drive and 1100 miles.  Sounds like a bit more than a long weekend.  Would love to go someday.  Glad you had a good time and were able to meet some of the legends in the field.

2 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Just looked up distance from house...Sheridan is closer by 100 miles, coming in at a 15 hour drive and 1100 miles.  Sounds like a bit more than a long weekend.  Would love to go someday.  Glad you had a good time and were able to meet some of the legends in the field.

There is a new show that added, the heart of Texas show in Waco. It is in August this year I believe. That should cut the travel in half. But still a treck 

Looks like you learned a lot and got a lot out of it.

Love your work.  Please share more in the future.

3 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Looks like you learned a lot and got a lot out of it.

Love your work.  Please share more in the future.

Thanks, I dont post much here like I used too but I think I'll try to share more when I think too. I love to share and see what everyone comes up with and makes