MtlBiker

Edge Creaser

57 minutes ago, fredk said:

Last month I bought two cheap creasers out of China. They cost me about £7.60 each.

Creasers, 02LW.jpg

Even their creasing part is superior. Two views of the 2.5mm one

Creasers, 03LW.jpg  Creasers, 04LW.jpg

Thanks Fred!  Those do look far better quality (not to mention far cheaper) than the Osborne creaser.  I'd looked at them but delivery was supposedly 4-6 weeks, so I ordered what I could get quicker.  Turns out not to be all that much quicker.  :)

You got two of them... one 2.5mm... what is the other one?  I'm going to order.  Just wish I'd ordered 4-6 weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, kgg said:

Here is a little comparison of what you can expect:

1) Amazon.ca listed C.S. Osborne Creaser @ $59.99 ( https://www.amazon.ca/C-S-Osborne-Creaser-Leather-Work/dp/B07GN9QX9T/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2HG68B9G82BXU&keywords=Osborne%2Bedge%2Bcreaser&qid=1648741108&sprefix=osborne%2Bedge%2Bcreaser%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-4&th=1 )

2) Amazon.ca Lsted xxxx @ $22.06 ( https://www.amazon.ca/Leather-Creasing-Beveller-Professional-Trimming/dp/B09L5XX137/ref=sr_1_42?crid=2WAMG7HQ0LMSV&keywords=leather+edge+creaser&qid=1648741358&sprefix=leather+edge+creaser%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-42 )

Look at the pour casing and machining with all the pits of the Osborne Creaser. Something I wouldn't expect from a North American factory particularly with a plus $40 CA price difference when you add in the 1.13 sales tax. I wouldn't mind paying the extra if the item was of the same or better quality then the Chinese version but in this case it's not so. I wonder if Osborne contracted this item out to a second rate Chinese Factory.

kgg

Thanks for that.  Funny (but not unexpected) that Osborne creaser through Amazon is much more expensive than through a dealer here.  I paid $38 (Cdn).

The other creaser you linked to looks very nice but I wasn't sure what size(s) would be best and there didn't seem to be a link to the same product in different sizes.  So I bought another one which was a set of four creasers for $29 with free next day delivery.  Sizes 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm.  I should have done that much earlier.

46 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

You got two of them... one 2.5mm... what is the other one? 

I got a 1.5mm and a 2.5mm

I don't use creasers and I didn't need them but I thought I'd get a couple of fixed distance ones just in case, to have available

These actually worked out at about £4.45 each! Checking my notes; these were to be delivered in 14 to 21 days. After the 21 says I enquired to where they were and the seller gave me a big refund of part of the price and an apology for the delay. These arrived about 10 days later, thus total delivery time was about 31 days.

Not that that has any bearing on how long something would take to get you