fgabesz

Wet Formed Holster For Glock 17, 18, 19 Etc.

I tried some of the innovations in the shaping technique. I hope, you like it!

22902733_d1771acf7004ef92223e6646bcb614d

22902735_f324b60eb77fee1d3b0a3eca8add24b

Edited by fgabesz

Wow! How did you get your hands on a Glock 18?

Wow! How did you get your hands on a Glock 18?

:P This is an airsoft version of the Glock 18's.

What innovations in the shaping technique did you use?

I formed this holster with a vacuum press.

Holy holster forming, and to think I do that for veneer and it never even occurred to me to use it on a holster. That's awesome and now the question, is it as easy as I think it's going to be? Any tips or difficulties you encountered?

I really like your work. It has a crispness to it.

I don't generally like holsters that let the muzzle stick out, but I gotta admit -- that looks purdy ;)

Oh, jus outta curiosity, how many pounds o pressure you got that sucka cranked up to??!! Oh, in yer case, maybe it's in newton metres?

Edited by JLSleather

That would be the veneering set up discussed and displayed by Denster - detailed with pics at http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15508&hl=veneer#entry97051

I use a wine press screw set from Lee Valley 3/4 inch wood plates and 1 inch thick 40 duro rubber top or top and bottom. Work just fine and takes up 12x12 when clamped to the bench or stored.

post-51902-0-70558400-1435887135_thumb.j

To be honest, I don't really care who invented this technology, who used it first or who did he learn it from. I just saw a video on Youtube, Eric's clip about the vacuum molding (

). I thought, this is good stuff, and I have to try it!

Veneer Supplies don't ship overseas to us in Hungary, the materials and equipment used by you guys Stateside are not available to us, for example, I cannot buy a bluegun for the molding pattern. I was just experimenting with different materials to make the vaccum bag and tried different sorts of silicone rubber sheats, to no avail. In the end I received a thick piece of foil which worked, and have been using it ever since. I make the vacuum with a reversed bike pump, and unfortunately have no idea about the pressure (bar, psi or g/square millimeters). As per the video, I use a bone spatula to mold the leather in vacuum

Edited by fgabesz

I'm STILL putting YOU down for the bicycle pump method :rofl:

Edited by JLSleather

fgabez, if you do a search on these forums or if you search these forums, there is a thread where someone I am trying to remember who made their vacuum bags from vinyl shower curtain.