Timbo

Thought I'd post a thread of my brothers site

Thought there might be some folks on here interested in this. It is my brothers website and he builds guitars for a living. I'm pretty proud of his work. Lots of this stuff I've seen first hand and it is equally impressive in person as it is on the web. Wish I had 1/10th of the talent that he has..........but he's always been talented no matter what he does.........and he has done a lot of widely varied stuff over the years, but most of them have to do with sculpting in one way or another. Read his bio and you'll see what I mean.

It was pretty amazing how much his dragonwing guitar sold for ........... but then again not really as it is a pretty impressive piece of sculpture. His main dealer recently passed away and has left him in somewhat of a limbo as the guy was a guitar marketing wiz. But he'll rebound.......he always does.

Anyway........check it out and enjoy!!!

Timbo

http://www.divine-jones.com/

excellent work and worth every penny he can charge, functional art.

Most excellent stuff. You should be proud of his work, not too mention the built in guitar strap trade you should have...lol

Before I was to take up leatherwork again, I was going to build acoustics, but I needed some money to buy materials and specialized tools. So I made up some straps for my local luthier friend, to make the money...long story short, the straps took off, and I was forced to buy more leather...here I am.

Wow, the DonnaKay looks like a sweet blues guitar. Love the deep cutaway. I have a 30 some year old Guild that I love to pieces, but I would love to play that DonnaKay, just once. Your brother's sculptures are pretty cool, too- reminds me of The Dragon Lady's work with all the detail. Everyone here likes to look at fine craftsmanship- thanks for sharing, Tim. Tell him the folks here at LW said to :rockon:

Johanna

You should play one of the fretless........talk about a weird experience!!!

Wow! Those are incredible! I am learning to make Torres-style classical guitars. I have nearly completed one and starting several more. I will probably make one of them a steel string, but I have to modify the bracing for that.

Wow! I took a liking to his facebook site.....beautiful wood work. Be proud!

Absolutely Stunning work!! Along with everything else, I'm a wood carver also,,, so I can really appreciate the work & design that goes into his carved guitars, not to mention his other sculptures. Great job,,, You should be Very proud of him!! Thanks for sharing,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Wow ! Thank you very much for that treat ! Nice way to start my day . Beautiful beyond mere words . Bill