brinyar

Rhodesian Style For A Glock

I have admired Thad Rybka's Rhodesian style of holster that I have seen for 1911's and Hi-powers, but never could find pictures of that style for a Glock. So, strictly for my own use and amusement I have been trying to make one for my Glock 19. It took several patterns to get it usable, mainly to find a ride height that wasn't too high and unstable on the belt or too low and would interfere with a good grip. I'm still not quite satisfied with how the leather wraps around the trigger guard, but that was also difficult to do without it flaring out too much around the wide Glock trigger guard. Anyway, this is what I ended up with.... It has been a fun holster to try to make.

holster5.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

holster6.jpg

holster4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Oh I like that. Nicely done!

Now that's just cool!

I like it. As for the flaring, I would try using the same pattern, but cutting the slot about half an inch shorter, tapering as you get closer to the portion that wraps around the trigger guard, and see what you get.

Thanks for the comments.

Jeff-- I'll keep adjusting it to see what I can come up with. This one was the cut out the whole offending area and see what it looks like approach.

If anyone has any info on the history of this style of holster I would be happy to hear it. I've never read if this is a Rybka original design or if there were older, similar designs that wrapped around the trigger guard.

that is HOT

Brinyar, . . . thanks for posting your new holster. I really like that design, . . . as it is both esthetically pleasing and functional.

I''ve got a small holster to make that will really look good in that style, . . . and had been "brainstorming" how I was going to make it.

Your pattern solved my dilemma, . . . if you don't mind my using it.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight- Thanks for the compliments.

I borrowed the concept of wrapping the leather around the trigger side the gun from Thad Rybka's Rhodesian holster, I don't consider it my pattern.