was asked if I could make and avenger for a M&P 9 with the light on it????

I don't see how, and that got me trying to figure out if there are any options. the light has to many things sticking out the side and is the same depth as the trigger guard. Is there a way or have you done any??

Depends on a case-by-case, I did this one not too long ago, you have to keep the holster "looser" than I normally like so that it doesn't turn the laser on when inserted. He also didn't want a safety strap, his choice, not mine. I assume you are asking about a laser sight, after reading it seems you may be talking about a flashlight attached, that I haven't done.

Chief

post-6362-0-96711800-1422102071_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-24310600-1422102135_thumb.jp

Edited by Chief31794

I have done one. It was for a Sig P226 with a Streamlight TLR-1 tactical light. I put a thumb break on it, and the front and rear stitch lines were just two parallel straight lines. The key, at least for me, was to put in a partial toe plug. It was the first time I'd ever done one. I had to dust off my Al Stohlman books for instruction. On this particular holster, I made the toe plug sit under just the muzzle (the light extended beyond the muzzle).

I make holsters like this all the time,looking at the above photo,s the only thing that I would suggest is to carry your stitch line under the laser part in to the center a bit . This would allow the fire arm to bottom out on your stitch line..

I have done one. It was for a Sig P226 with a Streamlight TLR-1 tactical light. I put a thumb break on it, and the front and rear stitch lines were just two parallel straight lines. The key, at least for me, was to put in a partial toe plug. It was the first time I'd ever done one. I had to dust off my Al Stohlman books for instruction. On this particular holster, I made the toe plug sit under just the muzzle (the light extended beyond the muzzle).

do you mean the toe plug was the resting point of the gun. Since it can not rest on the trigger.

Yes, exactly. The muzzle rested on the toe plug.

Depends on a case-by-case, I did this one not too long ago, you have to keep the holster "looser" than I normally like so that it doesn't turn the laser on when inserted. He also didn't want a safety strap, his choice, not mine. I assume you are asking about a laser sight, after reading it seems you may be talking about a flashlight attached, that I haven't done.

Chief

what is the gun resting on? What I mean is what keeps the gun from falling through? and yes it is a attached flashlight.

Cleanview, what brand and model light is it?

I strive to give everyone what they want but I wont do anything I dont think will work so if someone wants a light or laser I sell them on a thumb break. Unlike Kydex I cant make the trigger guard the only point of retention so thumb break it is. On the one below I actually blocked out the laser part in wood and formed my holster around the gun and wood blocking. It was very snug but the wood blocking was a skootch over sized for the laser. Worked out really well. Sorry I dont have any with the blocking in place. I know that would be the most helpful part.

Before anyone asks .. yes I know the break, breaks to the non traditional side. I said I sell them on using a thumb break not which side they should want it on. :)

0007.jpg

0013.jpg

The Light is a Proteck elite hp190.

On out of the ordinary (for me) things, I a very openly tell them I will look into it and give it some thought, but If I don't feel I am ready to competently do it, I will just decline. The young man told me with or without the light would be fine. Looks like to accommodate the light would have to deviate from the design he was wanting and I will opt to make it with out. He wanted it to serve to many functions. Not a conceal carrier he wanted it more for action shooting sports than anything.

I think after what has been shared on this thread I could do one though. I consider myself new and still learning and have turned down several pieces that just don't fit in to what I am trying accomplish (if that makes any sense) at this stage of my learning.

Sounds like a sound decision. It took me a few tries to get holster i made to an acceptable level. It felt like a Rubix Cube puzzle. Glad to hear he doesn't expect it to conceal. I always joke that trying to conceal a pistol with tac-light is like like trying to conceal a box of Corn Flakes. 😄

I do think the requests for holsters with lights will grow. I know from professional experience the lights are an awesome tool. Hopefully they can make the lights smaller as technology improves. I also foresee the need for holsters that will accommodate red dot optics, as they seem to be becoming more main stream (Google Glock 2015 Shot Show).

Be really careful with the switch on the pro tech. It's a poor design and flimsy from a holster makers standpoint. I recently made an IWB hybrid for one. I had to block out a channel just for the switch so it would not trigger it or grab and break it. Another issue is you end up with a very open end around the trigger. You have to leave a channel the length of the holster for the light to travel. So keep that in mind too.

I hate tac lights. But this guy was local so I had access to the gun/light combo and did a lot of blocking out and tweaking. He was happy.