Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

MC show, David's seats and more

Hey went to the motorcycle show today up here in seattle and guess what I saw. A few of David's seats and a couple of others that I have no idea. One looked really good but when I asked who did it they said it was a trade secret, lol whatever. Anyways ......

David your seat still looked great but I would try and tell those people how to take care of them. However they were still very nice and the tooling was excellent. Great job.

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

post-5781-1229155366_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1229155375_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1229155383_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1229155391_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1229155476_thumb.jpg

Edited by MADMAX22

I've had this discussion with them before. They order a show seat, then ride the Hell out of it before they take it to the show. They polish the bike and ignore the seat. A little saddle soap and some neutral kiwi shoe polish would do wonders. Better yet a seat to show and a cheap seat to ride makes more sense if you are a builder.

I think the trade secret seat was by Duane Ballard. I'm not sure but I think that is his work.

Dave

Edited by David

Thanks David, I must say your seats still looked aewsome. It was great seeing your work in person, I think people thought I was a little weird because I was more interested in your lacing and such then the motorcycle. I know your tooling looks really good in your pictures but seeing it in real life I was like wow thats great.

There were two other seats that I saw that were custom but I couldnt get to them to get close ups because they were roped off. Both were from the early 90's. Ahhh well.

ah yes I was at the S & S 50th in La Crosse Wi. I was set up there anyways there was a Sucker Punch Sally Dealer there. They thought I was nuts to admiring the hand tooled seats on the bikes. Im in the boonies n the wrong part of the country. To see handy work of other craftsman Is like seeing a rock star up close lol. I was asked to do a seat but declined till I can get a seat to practice on. keep up the great works and whos ever work I saw It was beautiful. :rockon::notworthy::notworthy::clapping::thumbsup: